Don't break My Heart- Knitted Heart Pattern

Knitted Heart...

This month’s theme for the Ravelry one skein KAL is ‘February is for lovers’, at the beginning of the month I didn’t have any projects in the running (since then everyone seems to want something ;) ) so I decided to do up a bunch of hearts.  I figured they’d be quick, something fun I could do while watching tv or during study breaks.  The only thing was I couldn’t find a pattern to make them up in the round, so I modified one by Mochimochi Land.

Supplies:
Yarn
Two circular needles to fit yarn weight (you can do this with dpns as well but you’ll need a different cast on and a stitch marker to mark the halfway point in the round where the pattern repeats)
Yarn or other large-eyed needle
Stitch holder of some sort (a third circular needle or piece of scrap yarn works best)
Favorite fluffy material/fiber fill

Cast on 6 stitches using Judy’s Magic Cast-on
Row 1: k1, kfb, knit to last stitch on needle kfb, repeat on the second needle
Row 2: knit

Repeat rows one and two 6 more times (34 st)

Row 15: k7, kfb, transfer the remaining 9 stitches and the first 8 stitches from the second needle to a stitch holder, k9
Row 16: knit (18 st)
Row 17: k1, k2tog k6, repeat on the second needle (16 st)
Row 18: k1, k2tog, k3 k2tog, repeat on the second needle (12 st)
Row 19: k1, k2tog, k1 k2tog, repeat on the second needle (8 st) Bind off. Cut a 20-24" tail. Pull yarn through both sides of the heart (bring yarn around front and thread to back--to close the top)and then weave tail down to remaining stiches. Stuff bottom section and finished side of the heart.

Divide remaining stitches onto two circs, 8 and 9 stitches respectively
Row 20: k7, kfb, k9
Row 21: knit (18 st)
Row 22: k1, k2tog k6, repeat on the second needle (16 st)
Row 23: k1, k2tog, k3 k2tog, repeat on the second needle (12 st)
Row 24: k1, k2tog, k1 k2tog, repeat on the second needle (8 st) Stuff remaining portion of the heart. Bind off (and add extra stuffing if desired). Close the top of the heart as above and thread tail to the center of the heart to close any gaps. Sew in ends.

For private use only.  Credit for the original heart shape goes to Mochimochi Land.

2 comments:

  1. you really don't like sewing things up, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to think about this one for a bit and it's come down to the following. I don't hate sewing. I like sewing as long as I can see what I'm doing. What I hate is having a project "finished" but having it in pieces on the floor/desk/whatever. Recently I'm also beginning to think I also hate patterns that are easy and that work because I seem to be messing them up more than not. 32 is 32 and not any other number of stitches...

    ReplyDelete