Daniela Andrade: Things We’ve Said EP

daniela

::Daniela Andrade:: Things We’ve Said EP
Tumblr // YouTube // Website

About the Album:
This is Daniela’s first album and I have to say it’s about time.  I’ve been waiting excitedly and expectantly since I first heard she was in the studio recording.

First Encounter:
I can’t remember how, but I do know the first song I heard of hers was her cover of Somebody Loved.  I’m not a fan of the original song so I was a bit skeptical going in, but that didn’t last long, I was mesmerized.  That afternoon I remember going through her channel listening to her songs wishing she had an album out so I could buy because I was pretty sure YouTube was going to come after me for abusing the replay button. 
 
The EP:
There are seven songs on the EP, all of which I love.  I couldn’t pick a favorite if you asked me to both because they’re all awesome and because it really depends on what kind of mood I’m in.  Daniela’s music is more upbeat than most of the stuff I listen to, another thing I love by the way, but it somehow manages to fit my every mood.  From bits of nostalgia to longing and joy, it’s all there.  It’s a versatile album to say the least; that’s been on repeat since I’ve bought it and I have absolutely no complains.  Alright, I do have one, but that’s because I refuse to take responsibility for Daniela turning me into a bit of a romantic sap.

Favorite Lyrics:
”You left me down on my knees.  Now it’s my time to watch you bleed, so cry me a river of gold.” – River of Gold

“I don’t know much about how to love, but you know the city and got a big yellow truck, so how about we take a ride out to Arizona, Manitoba.” – Manitoba

“There was a night I chose my favorite dress and you were wearing your best suit.  It was about that time when everyone was sound asleep and I was up talking to you.” – Gentlemen

“Cuz you, you’ve got a hold on me. Yeah, you’ve got a hold on me… and that’s ok, cuz I wouldn’t have it any other way.” – Any Other Way

Other Songs:
She’s posted an amazing bunch of songs on her account so I know I’m missing some, but off the top of my head:

Tea: There’s something about this song that makes me smile every time I hear it.  It’s sweet and homey and the video makes me feel a bit nostalgic.

Creep (Radiohead cover):  It’s dreamy and haunting which is about the only thing that makes this usually creepy song creepy.

Youth (Daughter cover): This is the other thing that I love about Daniela.  Not only does she take awesome songs, add her own spin and make them even more awesome, but she picks songs from a lot of bands I haven’t heard.  I’ve found many a great artist because of her.

Like a Star (Corrine Bailey Rae cover): If you’re still not convinced check out this one.  It makes my fingers tingle with its awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment