30 Days of Knitting Day 4 & 5



I'm combining these two days as the first question answers the second for the most part...

How did you learn how to knit?/How long did it take from the time your learned how to knit, to finish your first project? 

 I had (re)learned how to crochet (from my grandma) about a year prior.  I was totally in love.  I crocheted 24/7.  The more I crocheted, however, the more dismayed I became that I couldn't make socks (at least not socks that looked like conventional socks*).  So, one day when I was more bored than bored (hard to imagine isn't it?) I asked my mom to show me.  She did and I hated it *gasp* I couldn't figure it out, it was painstakingly slow and I gave up after about an hour.

I tried on and off again for about six months before I finally got it.  After frogging and reknitting the same swatch to perfection I moved on to dpns and things took off from there (even if dpns I do not love).

*Note: I have since discovered this shiny book in the knitpicks catalogue...I will be getting my hands on a copy...

No comments:

Post a Comment