30 Days of Knitting Day 9

What fiber or yarn do you love working with? 

 Hands down, without hesitation, WOOL.  Seriously anything that comes from one of these guys:


I've always loved wool.  I'm not sure why, maybe because it's warm.  Surprisingly though it wasn't my first choice when I started knitting.  That was until I actually knit with it.  I fell head over heels in love.  There was no turning back.  Nothing compares to the experience, the texture, the weight, the slight elastic nature of the yarn.  It's heavenly.  Cotton's also a favorite of mine although working with it in the round tends to be a bit trying.

Basically for me natural fibers are the only way to go.  I do knit with a lot of acrylic, but that tends to be what I'm gifted and I'm not one to complain.  There is some really nice acrylic out there, but I am a crunchy nature girl through and through and if natural fibers can do just as well (if not better) I seen no problem with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment