Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm taking a couple of days off from the '30 Days of Knititng' meme for the holiday.  Before I go and leave you all hanging (trust me my stash isn't that interesting) I figured I'd do one more post.  Sort of a 'which of these don't belong' type deal only not as all of the following go together.

Let me set the scene first.  It's a late fall/early winter afternoon, gray and a bit rainy.  You have a fire going or a row of candles laid out on the table beside you.  You're sitting by the window looking out at the fallen leaves and the deep blue of the mountain in the distance.  You're sitting in a rocking chair with your favorite blanket and a cat purring nearby.  You have the stereo on, a cup of your favorite tea steaming next to your latest book and a basket full of yarn and a new project freshly cast on.  This is where the following comes in.


The Civil Wars: Barton Hollow (above) is the first single off their new album.  If it's anything to go by February can't come soon enough.  Their free EP released after their show at Eddie's Attic  is my favorite album at the moment. (youtube, website)


silent mornings; my teacup
Firefly Chai: Behaving myself means cutting out caffeine, which was a serious problem until I found this herbal chai from Mountain Rose Herbs.  It's perfect anytime of day and it's a perfect match to the winter around here.

Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier: The movie itself (based on the book) is a thing of beauty but the book will blow your mind.  Frazier's attention to detail is amazing.  He pulls forth the tiniest of character beats with refreshing honesty.  His description of the landscape and the people who live there bring the book alive.  It's one of the fastest reads I've had in recent history.


Hemolock Ring Blanket
Hemlock Ring Blanket: (Rav link) Knit from a modified vintage doily pattern, beautiful and perfect for cold days.

No comments:

Post a Comment