30 Days of Knitting Day 8

What’s your most challenging project? 



 Maybe I'm just insane but I always pick a project with something new, something a little bit challenging (a new lace or cable pattern, an improvised pattern).  This makes picking a "most challenging project" difficult.  There's a couple of things that to this day that allude me, like the Italian cast on (which I know is similar to Judy's magical cast on which I love but shhh) but these don't belong to any singular project.

Looking at this more broadly I could say, however, that projects with lots of small parts, like toys and dolls tend to try my patience.  Working on such a small scale requires lots of casting on and binding off which is fine if it weren't so repetitive and if it didn't require me to eventually sew all these pieces together.  I love tedious tasks (really I do no sarcasm here), but I'm not one for final finishing details.  Maybe it's the perfectionist in me but it's been known to drive me absolutely batty.  I currently have three dolls and a stuffed sheep started if that's any indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment