30 Days of Knitting Day 7

Your least favorite? 

 I generally don't finish projects I don't like.  I tend to frog them and move onto something else.  I'm having problems with my Ron Hearts Hermione hat (Rav link).  I love the pattern but the yarn I picked is the worst possible yarn for that project.  If I ever finish it that hat will be my least favorite project.

As for completed projects or near completed projects I would have to say the computer case I've got a dozen rows left on.  It started off fine, but looking at it now the bottom section's too narrow (so it stretches something horrible) and while the cable pattern's great I'm so sick of looking at it.  Plus the texture of the yarn is disappointing.  I used the yarn (Carrousel Wintuk) for a cowl a year or so prior to starting the computer case and I love the texture and the feel of it.  Knitting it up for this project not so much.  For the cowl it's soft and thick for the computer case it's rougher, almost dense.

Needless to say the case is sitting in limbo.  I haven't decided what I'd do with the yarn if I frogged the project so it's staying put for now.  ...below's a snapshot from the beginning of the project:



No comments:

Post a Comment